Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Anti-Jordan

A couple of kids from Fresno came into the shop tonight, laced up in Jordans. THEY thought their style and especially their shoes were the shit and they were super dope! Of course, they approached the front counter and began to drool over the rare Jordans we have on display. As soon as I dropped the $300+ cost on them they backed off and left themselves vulnerable for my 'assault'.

Those of you who personally know me already understand my distaste and anger toward the 'new-era' Jordan product and consumer. Any color that was NOT worn on the court during an NBA game should be illegal! Any retro sold at Finish Line, Shiekh, Foot Locker or your general mall shop are garbage. These new-era Jordans are made for the masses. I come from the days when you wore a pair of J's you had a MAD b-ball game. You were the first guy picked at the playground. You took the ball to the rim with flow and had flight and air in your style. People were f'ing KILLED for their Jordans back THEN...seriously...shot, stabbed, mugged and/or killed.

So what happened??? Nike knocked themselves off...horribly! They opened distribution and made the product with cheaper materials and appealed to the masses. Unfortunately, for those who aren't paying attention to US economics, a lot of the people who were buying trendy sneakers, lost their income and had to 'cut-back'. The malls started getting more populated with people having a place to be seen and heard and Nike/Jordan obviously needed to be in the hearts of the masses. Wearing b-ball sneakers and jeans is a BAD LOOK! Do we wear dress shoes on the basketball court??? So why would we wear basketball shoes to work or dinner. It doesn't make sense and although I have over 500 personal pairs of Nike and Jordans, you won't see me wearing a pair unless I am playing ball!

I directed my new found Fresno friends to the Fox Hills Mall, after my voice was clearly heard, and watched them scurry off into the sunset to join the masses.

2 comments:

  1. Well put hombre! I hate sounding old but it makes me queezy when these lemmings from the new school try to act like the Jordan Brand is untouchable...In my eyes they sold their soul/sole years ago..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yo Brotha, thanks for the support! Makes mr sick to listen to these newbs think they found something fresh. All I try to do is put good shoes on people's feet. Stay UP!!

    ReplyDelete